- Wash and dry your mask before first use and after each use (washing machine or handwash, using your usual detergent)
- If there is a pocket in your mask, a filter made out of folded paper towel or a paper towel and 2 tissues can improve effectiveness
- WASH YOUR HANDS before you put your mask on
- Don’t touch your mask or face while wearing a mask.
- Maintain social distance.
- If you touch your mask during use, wash your hands or apply hand sanitiser.
- Remove your mask by the earloops or ties, not the face piece, remove the filter and discard it (if applicable), then WASH YOUR HANDS AND THE MASK.
- Masks can be collected for batch washing in a plastic bag/ container with a lid and washed with the rest of your laundry, just remember to wash your hands well any time you are handling used masks